Friday, December 17, 2010

Jingle Jingle

I can't believe that Christmas is only a week away.  

That's soooo wrong.

I'm so not ready. 

I have so much left to do!

Thankfully I did FINALLY finish the Christmas cards.  

I started them, with the very best of intentions, in mid-November at a crop night with The Girls.  

I got 15 or so simple, but cute and stash-friendly cards done.





Supplies: Card Bases: My Mind's Eye, PP: DCWV,  Reindeer Chipboard: DCWV,  Santa Sticker: Recollections,  
Tree Buttons: Unknown, Sentiment: Stampabilities, Bling: Studio 12

Little did I know that I would wake up the next morning with the world's worst cold/flu/miserable-sinus-related-illness that would hang on for weeks.

But I did finally get the rest of our cards done by locking myself in my craft room for 3 days this week doing nothing but 

Cutting,

glueing

flocking,



flocking,

and more flocking!



When those were dry, I flocked all of the red parts of the design and let them dry overnight.

The next morning I added wiggle eyes
 (cuz a Santa Dog is just not a Santa Dog without wiggle eyes)


 gave them all a good coating of sealant spray,

glued the sentiment to the inside,
(available as cut-able SVG files from Lettering Delights )

And they're ready to mail!



Headed off to the post office now 
but I swear, next year, I'm starting our Christmas cards in June!!

4 comments:

  1. Cute cards! I have not tried flocking but it looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable! I bought some pink flock but haven't tried it out yet. What kind of glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Becky- normally I use Art Glitter's Designer Adhesive (artglitter.com) on flock & glitter applications but I ran out of it. Since Christmas is only a few days away I didn't have time to order more, so I just used Scotch Quik Dry adhesive this time. It seems to be holding up pretty well though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE these .. such a great technique ..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me comments! I love to hear what you have to say!