Happy January Friends & Fellow Project Lifers!!
The new year is here, with a slew of whole new projects to go with it!
No messing around! We're jumping right into prompts for the year!
52 Lists in 52 Weeks:
- Goals for 2013
- Things That 2012 Taught Me
- My Favorite Ways to Stay Warm
- Books I Could Read Over & Over
- 10 Random Facts About Me
- Right Now I LOVE (this is one that I repeat every 3-4 months)
One Little Word:
My word for this year is "Breathe". With so much going on this year, it just seemed like the perfect word for me. I need an occasional reminder to stop & actually enjoy some of the craziness or I'm afraid that I'm going to wake up at age 80 & not know where the time went.
I plan to create am 8x8 page with the definition of my word & a couple of photos that symbolize it for me, as well as some journaling explaining why I chose it. I will try to post this LO once it gets done.
- Winter: Look for signs of winter-- outdoors, in your home (decor, boots by the door, a snow shovel in the garage, salt on the steps), in your closet (warm sweaters, cozy sweatpants, darker colors), in your kitchen (stews & soups, hot cocoa mugs, etc.)
- Blue: Look for blue in your environment-- the color blue, some blue emotions, bluesy music selections, how ever you choose to interpret it!
- New: Look for all things new this month-- new goals, new outlook, new attitude, "new toys" (holiday gifts & gadgets), new Word, new routines, new anything.
- Joy Germ Month: Document anything & everything that brings you joy!
- Be Kind To Food Servers Month
- International Creativity Month
- National Self-Defense Month
- National Soup Month
- National volunteer Blood Donor Month
- National Rising Star Month
- Celebration of Life Week-- The Mayans were wrong! We LIVED! What can you do this week to celebrate the fact that you are alive in a brand new year?
- New Year's Resolutions Week-- Document your resolutions or goals for the year & what you are doing TODAY to bring them to fruition.
- Women's Self-Empowerment Week-- We all know some amazing women. How do they do what they do? Why are they so fantastic? Maybe this is a good week to find out.
- Intimate Apparel Week-- This one frankly scares the crap out of me, I'm not gonna lie. (Being 7+ months pregnant, it's a little worse than usual!) What can I do this week to become friends with my undies? Maybe it's time to clean out the drawer & chunk all but the pretty ones. Maybe it's time to do some leg lifts so they look a little nicer on me. Document how you and your bras & panties can become buds. If you already are, this is a good chance to document your collection & how it makes you feel.
- National Take Back Your Time Week-- document some things that will help you reclaim a bit of your free time in the new year. Maybe it's a few activities that you are cutting out, or an invitation that you are refusing or a new route to & from work that gets you home a few minutes earlier.
Jan 1: Ellis Island Day- document how your heritage is represented in your life
Jan 2: National Motivation & Inspiration Day-- What are you inspired to do today? OR What are you lacking inspiration to do?
Jan 3: JRR Tolkien Day - This is a perfect chance to go see the new Hobbit movie! Make sure you get a pic & save the ticket stub!
Jan 4: Trivia Day-- photograph your family's favorite trivia game or show
Jan 5: George Washington Carver's Birthday- what is your fav Peanut butter brand and/or recipe?
Jan 6: Get a beginning of the year self-portrait
Jan 7: National I'm Not Going To Take It Anymore Day-- document something that you are getting out of your life (a negetive person, clutter, extra stuff, what ever). Make sure you journal aobut why.
Jan 8: National Earth's Rotation Day-- I think this is a perfect opportunity do document A Day In The Life.
Jan 9: First School For Seeing Eye Dogs Established in 1929-- document how your pets help make your life better
Jan 10: National Cut Your Energy Costs Day-- Note what you do to keep costs down
Jan 11: International Thank You Day-- Make a point of saying Thank You to someone (or everyone) in your life- document it.
Jan 12: Take an ink hand-print from every member of your family today. (This would be fun to repeat yearly to document each member of your household.)
Jan 13: Poetry Break Day-- Instead of a photo, print (or create) a quote from your favorite poem
Jan 14: Dress Up Your Pet Day-- Do you dress up your dog in sweaters or your cat in tutus? Why or why not?
Jan 15: Martin Luther King, Jr's Birthday-- document a dream you have for the future. Start your journaling with "I have a dream..."
Jan 16: Do Nothing Day-- today you have my permission to do absolutely nothing. Have someone snap a pic of you doing nothing.
Jan 17: Rid The World of Fad Diets & Gimmicks Day-- document some of the popular diets that you have tried. Have they worked?
Jan 18: Muhammed Ali's Birthday-- He said "I float like a butterfly & sting like a bee." Use this opportunity to create a catch-phrase of your own.
Jan 19: National Popcorn Day-- document how your family likes to eat popcorn. We are huge popcorn fans in my house, so this will be a big ol' journaling block for me!
Jan 20: Inauguration Day-- Use a screen shot to document Obama's second term. Did you vote for him? Why or why not?
Jan 21: National Hugging Day-- get a hug on film
Jan 22: Answer Your Cats Questions Day-- What questions do you think your kitty would ask if he/she could?
Jan 23: John Hancock Day-- Have every member of your family do a signature card for your album. (Another one that would be fun to repeat yearly)
Jan 24: Belly Laugh Day-- catch someone mid-laugh
Jan 25: A Room of One's Own Day-- document your personal space in your home
Jan 26: Mozart's Birthday (tomorrow)-- document your classical music collection
Jan 27: Fun At Work Day: Get pics of the things you do to make your work day more fun
Jan 28: Data Privacy Day-- What things are you super careful to protect & why?
Jan 29: National Puzzle Day-- What kind of puzzles (jigsaw, crossword, trivia?) does your family like to do?
Jan 30: Bubble Wrap Appreciaition Day-- Make an art journal block or filler piece using bubble wrap. Make a mess. Be creative. Have fun with it.
Jan 31: Inspire Your Heart With Art Day-- document some of the art you have in your home, where you got it, why you love it, what memories it brings back to you, etc.
I hope that this list gives you some things to try. I would love love love to see you post a link to your project in the comments section!
******This will serve as your friendly monthly reminder to BACK UP YOUR PHOTOS!! Everything else can be replaced, but photos can not. ******