Good morning blog friends!
I can't believe it's already June!
This year is flying by.
I wish it would slow down-- just a little bit.
I hope you all are doing well.
Are you keeping up with your albums?
Mine are almost caught up.
Lil E is sleeping for longer stretches now, so I occasionally have a minute to work on my albums!
It's really a tough call some days.
Here are some thoughts for June:
52 Lists in 52 Weeks
- Things I learned over the weekend
- Things I carry around in my bag
- Ways to be a great wife/girlfriend/significant other
- Friends I an always count on
- Quotes that inspire me
- Things I learned from my Dad
One Little Word
This month I have decided to use 1 large photo as my project. I took a photo over the weekend of my living room. In this photo are: 2 rowdy, filthy puppies, 1 crying infant, 3 loads of laundry spilling out of their baskets, 8-10 large muddy paw prints on the carpet, 1 blaring TV, 1 dumped over basket of dog toys, 3 empty water cups, 2 dirty paper plates, 5 pair of shoes and one really ticked off looking fiance. I added the words "Remember To Breathe" in the top right corner (the only clear spot on the photo), uploaded it to Persnickety Prints and had it printed at 12x12. Easy peasy.
- Beautiful In Your Skin Month: I love the idea of this being a monthly theme. So many of us (Raising hand-- me too!) are almost never in our photos because we think we are too fat, our hair is a mess, we don't have any make up on, we're wearing messy clothes, whatever. This is a great opportunity to just record yourself as you are. Because as you are is perfect right now. Get out the tripod, hand the camera over to someone else, take some "selfies". Try to look past the things you don't like & focus on the good stuff! At the very least, it could stand as a record of where you started your road to improvement if that's the way you want to go.
- Great Outdoors Month: Here in TX, it gets kinds hard to appreciate the outdoors in the summer, so we try to get lots of outside time in now, while the heat is hot, but not yet blistering. For this one, take lots of pics of anything you are able to do outside this month: picnics, swimming, hikes, walks in the neighborhood, maybe just sitting on the porch swing with a cool drink & a good book.
- Yellow: I have always loved yellow, even though it makes me look ghastly. Look for anything yellow around you this month. I think of these kind of themes as a treasure hunt. I love the challenge of finding my theme in unusual places.
- International Men's Month: Make a record of all of the men in your life this month: your co-worker, your hubby, your son, your father, your friends, whomever. You could also use this as an opportunity to really record 1 man in your life. Get some in-depth info on your son, for example. His likes & dislikes, his daily routine, his favorite foods, music, movies, his ambitions for his life, etc.
- National Fruit & Veggies Month: Record all of the fruits & veggies you consume this month. I don't know about you, but this becomes a challenge for me. I'm not a big veggie eater. But I have a young child & I want to do better for him. I need to eat more than corn & green beans. Maybe if I'm taking daily photos of it, it will motivate me to expand my horizons. After all, who wants to look at a month's worth of photos of corn?
- Audio Book Appreciation Month
- Country Cooking Month
- Effective Communications Month
- Gay & Lesbian Pride Month
- International Surf Music Month
- Dairy Month
- National Bathroom Reading Month
- National Camping Month
- National Candy Month
- national Smile Month
- World Naked Bike Riding Month
- National Flag Week: Record all of the flags you see in your area. US Flags, state flags, pride flags, decorative flags, what ever you see
- Universal Father's Week: Make a photo record of the things that make your Dad (or your kids' Dad) a good one.
- Duct Tape Days: Get photos of all the things you do with Duct Tape, Or all the things you want to do!
- Superman Days: We are allllll about all of the superhero movies at my house. Steve has shirts & figurines & onsies for the baby & DVDs & all kinds of stuff. We have seen them all! (The newest Superman movie is next!!!) Is someone in your house as obsessed as we are? Record their obsession.
- International Clothesline Week
- National Business Etiquette Week
- national Sun Safety week
- National Tire Safety Week
- Fish Are Friends, Not Food Week
- Watermelon Seed Spitting Week
- Water Ski Days
1- National Go Barefoot Day: I LOVE being barefoot. And it's a great excuse to go get a new pedi!
2-Yell "Fudge" at the Cobras in North America Day: I have no earthly idea what this means, but it sounded good. If you know the origins of this one, leave me a comment. I'm curious.
3- National Leave The Office Early Day: tell your boss it's a holiday & you have to go!
4- Audacity To Hope Day
5-National Running Day: I only run if there is an ax-wielding psycho killer chasing me. Maybe I'll record that.
6- Drive In Movie Day: I used to LOVE the drive in when I was young. I need to find a local one!
7- Donut Day
8- World Ocean Day
9-Race Unity Day
10-Iced Tea Day
11- Crowded Nest Awareness Day
13-Family History Day
15- Native American citizen Day
OR Nature Photography Day
16- Father's Day
17-Ride Your Motorcycle To Work Day
18-International Sushi Day
19-World Sauntering Day: I need to perfect my saunter
20- Dump The Pump Day
21- National Flip Flop Day
22- Stupid Guy Thing Day
23- Pink Flamingo Day
24- Celebration of he Senses Day
25- Color TV Day
26-National Canoe Day
27-Decide to Be Married Day
28-National Handshake Day
29- Self-Portrait day!
30- Update your garden pic OR Use a journal card to document your new daily schedule now that school is out!
***Reminder! Time to back up those precious photos!!****
Hope you all have a fantastic month!!!