Hello & Happy Spring blog friends!
How are your projects coming?
Mine are actually moving along- amazingly enough.
Our 2013 PL is a little behind, but the photos are there & the notes are taken, I just need to get them into the album.
Little Man, of course, takes up the majority of my day, but Daddy has recently started giving him a formula bottle just before bed causing Little Man to SLEEP most of the night instead of waking me up to nurse every hour & half or so!
Those are angels singing in praise of one bottle per day.
Since Mama has finally gotten myself a little sleep, I have recently remembered that there are other things in my life besides Little Man to photograph.
Like this guy.
And these two cuties.
How could you resist them?
Little Man is of course, the one I get the most pics of, but I'm pretty sure that's just because he's the only that isn't capable of running away.
So, for those of you whose subjects do run away any time they see you with a camera in your hand, here are some thoughts for May.
52 Lists in 52 Weeks
- 10 nice things that other people have done for me lately
- Things I would tell my 17-year old self
- Things I wish I could change about the world
- Songs I totally ROCK at Karoake
- Lessons learned from Mom
- Movies I wish they would make
One Little Word
This month I'm going to do a collage of photos that represent my word. I'm thinking I am going to do it by hand, rather than using software, on a 12x12 background and maybe add my word over top with some ghost letters. I've got gobs of ghost letters in my stash. If you don't, you can cut your own with the Cricut out of leftover product packaging. Or you could use stamps or stencils to add your word. Or you could leave the word off & just go with the photos.
- Family Wellness Month: Record all of the things that you do to help keep your family healthy. I see pictures of hand washing, fresh veggies, long walks with the dogs, sunscreen, daily vitamins, etc.
- National BBQ Month: Get pics every time you put something on the grill this month. We are frequent grillers in my house. I love me some burgers off the grill. And the smell of grilled chicken always reminds of me the frequent Chicken BBQ fundraisers that my Granddad's volunteer fire department used to host.
- National Bike Month: Snap away anytime someone in your family hops on their bike, be it motorcycle, bicycle, tricycle, Big Wheel, exercise bike or whatever. Maybe this theme will motivate me to pedal a little more!
- National Smile Month: A month's worth of smiles. What could be better than that?
- National Family Month
- Community Living Month
- Clean Air Month
- Get Caught Reading Month
- Go Fetch! Food Drive For Homeless Animals Month
- Motorcycle Safety Month
- National Egg Month
- National Asthma/Allergy Month
- National Military Appreciation Month
- National Photo Month
- National Salad Month
- Be Kind to Animals Week: This would be a nice time to document all of the furry (or feathery, or fin-y) friends in your life.
- Teacher Appreciation Week: Get lots of photos of your child and their teachers or your own teachers this week. Anyone you learn from counts!
- Work At Home Moms Week: Take a page from Ali Edwards' book & document everything you do this week. I bet your kids would be surprised by how much you do!
- National Backyard Games Week: What outdoor games does your family play? How often do they play them? This is a good time to capture them.
- Mud Madness Week: It is spring after all and mud abounds. How do you react? Do you get frustrated & spend you time cleaning up? Do you go out & play in the puddles? Make mud pies? Go off-roading? Go on a 5K adventure run with friends?
- Chose Privacy Week
- Children's Mental Health Week
- Drinking Water Week
- Kids Win Week
- National Family Week
- National Raisin Week
- Food Allergy Awareness Week
- National Transportation Week
- Salute to Moms 35+ Week
- American Craft Beer Week
5/1 Great American Grumpout
Batman Day (and really, who can be grumpy on Batman Day?!?)
5/2 National Day of Prayer--who are you praying for right now?
5/3 Paranormal Day- time to make a record of any odd things that you've experienced
5/4 NATIONAL SCRAPBOOK DAY!! The official holiday of my people!
5/5 Cinco de Mayo
5/6 No Homework Day--what fun things will your kids do instead?
5/7 Accountant's Day-- who is the accountant in your house?
5/8 No Socks Day-- get a pic of your latest pedi, or of your need for one
5/9 School Nurse Day-- do you know your kids' school nurse? How often do you see her?
5/10 Child Care Providers Day-- Get photos of the people who care for your little angels when you can't
5/11 Stay Up All Night Day-- well, this one isn't really optional for me, but if you don't have a newborn in the house, what would you be doing if you were up all night?
5/12 Mother's Day -- you & your Mama, or you & your kids
5/13 Frog Jumping Day
5/14 National Chicken Dance Day
5/15 National Chocolate Chip Day-- It's a good excuse to bake a batch & snap pics of all of your helpers (my Claire Cat looooves her some cookie dough!) Make sure to include your recipe.
5/16 Get an updated pic of the front of your house. Are things blooming?
5/17 National Bike to Work Day-- I would love this, but a car seat & 9 bags of baby gear make this one out of my league for now-- maybe I'll document why it won't work!
5/18 I Love Reese's Day-- one of my most favorite holidays. I could live on Reese's!
5/19-- Visit Your Relatives Day-- reach out to a family member you haven't seen in a while. Get caught up-- and be sure to get a pic.
5/20 Eliza Dolittle Day-- What would be loverly right now?
5/21 National Wait Staff Day-- do you have a favorite server at your favorite restaurant? Get a pic of them & document why you like them.
5/22 National Maritime Day-- Get some pics of the boats on the water or your view of the water from your home.
5/23 World Turtle Day-- who is the "turtle" (slow but steady) in your life?
5/24 Brother's Day
International Tiara Day (I NEEEEED a tiara!)
5/25 National Missing Children's Day-- ok, not a fun holiday, but maybe a reminder to hold your little ones a little tighter tonight & talk to them about stranger safety.
5/26 Have you brought out your summer wardrobe yet? Document your closet change over.
5/27 Memorial Day
5/28 What are you watching right now? Shows are coming to a season's end-- make notes or screen shots of what you loved this season.
5/29 Lear About Composting Day-- do you compost? Document how.
5/30 Heat Awareness Safety Day-- how do you protect your family?
5/31 What You Think Upon Grows Day-- what's on your mind or growing in your head lately?
*This is your monthly reminder to back up your photos!!*
I hope you all have a wonderful month!