Thursday, January 5, 2012

52 Lists in 52 Weeks


Happy New Year Bloggers!

I am so happy to see a new year starting.  

I didn't have the hate for '11 that a lot of people seem to have-- I guess I had a pretty good year, but for some reason, I just have all kinds of optimism for '12.  

It's gonna be a good one. 

I just know it!

One of the projects that I am doing this year (one of many!) is called 52 Lists in 52 Weeks.

I saw the idea here at  On The Brink of Something of Something Beautiful several weeks ago and decided that I wanted to do it this year.

Journaling is not something that comes naturally for me at all, so I thought this would be a good way to get some thoughts down without feeling totally overwhelmed.

I decided to use up a previously unopened "Mellow" Basic Grey Paper Pack that has some alpha stickers & cute punch-outs that I'll try to use here & there.

I've had it for quite a while, so finally making use of it makes me happy.


I also have several of these Fancy Pants journaling spots notebooks that I decided to deconstruct & use for my lists.

I may even be able to re-use the binding wires for something!

Hurray for recycling & using things up!




This is the front & back covers.
All of the supplies are from the BG kit.

The only thing I added was some Diamond Glaze to the letters to make them stand out a little more against the busy paper.


I made my album with my Bind It All & some scrap chipboard-- I'm all about bookmaking right now!

I cut & prepped the paper for my pages, but won't bind it until it's finished.

I decided to do it this way because some lists might be longer & take up 2 pages or I might add some wallet size photos here & there, so I don't really know for sure how many pages I will have in the end.

Here is my Week One List: Things To Do This Year.
 Supplies: PP:Basic Grey, Journal Spot: Fancy Pants, Stickles in Fruit Punch, Alpha Stickers: DCWV

 I hope you all will join me for this fun year-long album.  

I'll be posting a new list every Thursday until the end of the year.

Post your links in the comments section-- I want to see your lists!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me comments! I love to hear what you have to say!