Thursday, October 27, 2011

Halloween Mini-Album


Good morning friends!

I hope you all are having a fabulous morning.

It's a fabulous 57* here in North Dallas this morning.

It almost feels like fall.  

*LOVE* 

So, I promised you a Halloween project.

(I apologize that it took me so long to post it, but I came down with a stomach bug and well...
If you've ever had one, you know how I've been spending my time.)



I was searching through my Halloween boxes, looking for inspiration and found this super-cute pop-out mini album project. 

(I'm sorry, I forgot to take a photo before I started pulling it apart.)

 This Mini project is from Little Yellow Bicycle.  
I've had it in my stash since 2007, so I don't know if it's still available anywhere, but if so, I would recommend it.  
It was a very fun, no-stress project.
 It came with very clear instructions, which I mostly ignored.


And lots of fun pop-out accents. I used almost all of them!

The kit did not come with photo mats, so for those, I used plain black cardstock that I stamped with a spiderweb stamp using VersaMark in Champagne.

I also cut off my instrctions (since I wasn't following them anyway) to use as a photo mat on 1 page.


I decided to jazz up a few of the pop-out accents.

 For this one I used a StarDust pen from Sakura .



For the bats & skull eyes, I used Stickles in black and purple.

It's hard to tell in the photos, but I also used a Glaze Pen on the spiders.

Here's the finished project, all unfolded.



And each page, on it's own





The Inside Tag





Supplies: Album & Accents: Little Yellow Bicycle, Glaze & Stardust Pens: Sakura, Stamp: Studio G, Buttons: Michaels $1 Spot, Embroidery Floss: DMC, Stretchy Purple Trim (closure) Unknown,  Glittered Black Ribbon: Hobby Lobby, Flowers: Prima, Other: Stickles



It's nice to do a project like this sometimes.  
I didn't have to put a lot of thought in it, but I was still creating something fun, so it got my juices flowing for the more complicated projects I want to work on.

I'd love to see what you've been working on.

Post links to your Halloween Projects in the comments section!


5 comments:

  1. Love all the little glittery touches - looks like a fun album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun afternoon spent in your happy place! I have a cute explosion box i made over on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, I love how you stickled the eyes on the skeletons :) Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me comments! I love to hear what you have to say!